Heart of the Hills Inn Policies
All policies apply to registered guests and their guests. Policies are in effect at the time of reservation until you check out and leave the premises.
You are responsible for reading and complying with the policies at all times.
Your reservation is acknowledgment that you have read and agree to abide by the policies as noted.
- Preferred check-in time is 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Please alert us if you will be later than 6 p.m.
- Check-out time is by 11:00 a.m.
- Arrangements required for early or late arrivals.
- At time of reservation one night's deposit is required via credit card. The balance of your reservation is settled via credit card on file the day prior to your arrival.
- Reservations made 14 days or less prior to arrival are charged in full at time of reservation.
- We do not split bills ~ that needs to be handled between you and the party you travel with.
- Your reservation is not a contract of tenancy ~ you may be asked to leave the Inn and be removed from the property due to disturbance of any sort or behavior which we deem unsuitable.
- You are guests in our Inn. We ask that you please respect the Inn and belongings in it. Damages incurred to the Inn and/or the cottages during your stay, i.e., furnishings, overflowing of a shower or Jacuzzi, stained bed linens or towels, rugs, lost/missing items etc will be charged to your credit card on file ~ the innkeeper determines the charges which are non-negotiable and might vary depending on the actions taken ~ i.e. the need of a plumber, dry cleaning, total replacement of an item, etc.
Guests at the Inn
- To ensure our guests enjoy their time with us, guests of booked guests must be pre- approved by the innkeeper. No additional guests may stay on premises past 10 pm or be under the age of 18.
No Smoking Policy
- There is a 100% No Smoking policy inside the Inn/your room or cottage. Smoking is permitted on the decks/porches only. Be sure that smoke does not migrate into your room from the deck or porch. There will be a $200.00 charge if any evidence of smoke is detected in the suite/cottage and you will be asked to leave.
- Refunds are not given for reservations that are canceled 14 days or less. The balance will be charged at the time of cancellation. A non-transferable gift certificate (good for six (6) months) may be issued minus a $50.00 fee depending on circumstances and is at the discretion of the innkeeper. The gift certificate may not be re-scheduled after it is offered. If this occurs the value of the gift certificate is forfeited. Cancellation gift certificates may not be used during Valentines Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, holidays, or festivals/special events.
- Prior to 14 days of arrival, a refund /credit may be given at the discretion of the innkeeper minus a $50.00 cancellation fee (per Suite/Cottage)
- If you do not arrive for your reservation, i.e. no-show, the amount that has been paid is non-refundable and may not be used as a "balance" to re-schedule.
Rescheduling of a Reservation
- If you reschedule your reservation with less than fourteen (14) days notice, you will be charged an $50.00 re-booking fee. If you reschedule your reservation more than once you will be charged a $99.00 re-booking fee.
One Night Stay
- Heart of the Hills is one of the very few Inns who accepts a one-night stay. Your one night stay is paid in full at the time your reservation is made and is non-refundable if canceled.
- There is no refund for an early departure of any sort regardless of the situation.
- If you must cancel or re-schedule your reservation due to inclement weather, your balance will be charged and you will be issued a non-transferable Heart of the Hills Inn voucher in the full amount of your reservation. Your voucher is valid for six (6) months and excludes June, October, November, Valentines Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, holidays, or festivals/special events.
- We are not responsible for personal items left behind. Please check your room/cottage thoroughly when you are leaving.
- Packages require a 100% charge upon reservation ~ the charge is non-refundable.
- You are given one key to your room/cottage on arrival. If your key is lost there is a $45.00 locksmith change to replace the key.
- While I am a BIG animal lover, out of the respect to my guests and due to having only three suites, I cannot have pets in the suites or on the inn grounds.
- While I respect parents & their children, Heart of the Hills has the theme: relax, romance, refresh and somehow children do not fit in to that theme well.
- Children over the age of 12 if they are well behaved. Please discuss this with the innkeeper prior to booking.
American with Disabilities Act (ADA): Heart of the Hills Inn in order to comply with the ADA wants you to know that: If you are disabled and need assistance in using the Inn's services, or obtaining information you need about our services, please call us at 1-479-253-7468 and we will be happy to assist you.